LapTimer is a powerful lap timing app which works with the internal GPS of the iPhone or as a companion to the VBOX Sport which uses a high accuracy GPS receiver to enhance the capabilities of your iPhone.
Collecting GPS data at 20 times per second the VBOX Sport provides a level of accuracy currently unheard of with iPhone and iPad apps. Our LapTimer app uses this data to provide you with accurate lap times and predictive lap times for your vehicle.
You can use your iPhone or iPad to display your speed, your current lap time, your predicted lap time or a list of previous lap times all using the same VBOX technology used by many of the world’s major motor manufacturers and car magazines.
- Auto track selection – based on your current location and using our comprehensive track map database, no need to set the start/finish line
- Predicted lap time – using unique Racelogic algorithms to predict your current lap time based on your reference lap with delta-t shown in a red/green bar graph
- Display current speed or maximum speed in mph or km/h
- List of lap times, including sector times where available
- Custom circuit creation – create your own track or circuit and start/finish line if required
- Save your lap data in a Racelogic .vbo file for analysis in Circuit Tools software
- Range of configuration options
All of the apps functionality is available when you are connected to a 20Hz VBOX Sport via Bluetooth to an iOS device running iOS 6.0 or later. If you are not connected to a VBOX Sport the app will use the 1Hz internal GPS of your Apple device with a corresponding reduction in accuracy.