After the incident involving Earl Bamber in #72 Porsche GT3 R 4.0 and Ro Charlz in #13 Lamborghini LP560-4 the safety car lead for 6 laps and the race was re-started on the 7th lap, lead by Marco Engel, followed closely by Alexandre Imperatori, Renger Van Der Zande, and Edoardo Mortara.
Dramatic Finale in the last 8 minutes. Lap by Lap Highlight:
Lap 9: Two laps after safety car, Marco Engel who was in the lead had to retire due to mechanic issue.
Lap 10: Edoardo Mortara made a risky yet superbly executed overtake on Renger Van Der Zande into the left hander at the top on the San Francisco Hill into P2.
Lap 11: With the back marker closing in at the Melco Hairpin, the chasing pack really closed to bumper to bumper as they enter Fishermans bend, Edoardo Mortara got the inside line from Alexander Imperatori, side by side into Fishermans bend giving him the lead, Danny Watts #23 in his Mclaren MP4-12C ran close to Edoardo follow-through getting him into P2, and Imperatori was demoted to P3.
Lap 12: On the last lap Van Der Zande tried a brave out brake move into Lisbao Bend on the outside of Imperatori , but entered too fast crashing into the barrier.
Edoardo Mortara makes his record 6th Win in this legendary street circuit at the 60th Diamond Jubilee Macau Grand Prix.
|City of Dreams Macau GT Cup|
|Official Race Classification|
|1||1||EDOARDO MORTARA||ITA||AUDI R8 LMS||2:19.550|
|2||23||DANNY WATTS||GBR||MCLAREN MP4-12C||2:20.298|
|3||99||ALEXANDRE IMPERATORI||HKG||PORSCHE 911 GT3 R 4.0||2:20.776|
|4||38||MARCHY LEE||HKG||AUDI R8 LMS||2:23.535|
|5||2||LI ZHI CONG||CHN||PORSCHE 911 GT3 R 4.0||2:27.499|
|6||25||RICHARD MEINS||GBR||MCLAREN MP4-12C||2:27.956|
|7||30||FRANK YU||HKG||ASTON MARTIN VANTAGE GT3||2:28.200|
|8||97||STEFAN MUCKE||DEU||ASTON MARTIN VANTAGE GT3||2:22.548|
|9||7||JEFFREY LEE||TPE||AUDI R8 LMS||2:27.787|
|10||98||PHILIP MA||HKG||AUDI R8 LMS||2:28.468|
|11||5||SAMSON CHAN||HKG||FORD GT||2:26.407|
|12||16||WAYNE SHEN||HKG||PORSCHE 997 GT3 CUP 3.8||2:33.093|
|13||21||FRANCIS TJIA||HKG||PORSCHE 997 GT3 CUP 3.8||2:33.055|
|14||66||KWOK YIU MING||CAN||LAMBORGHINI LP560-4||2:33.027|
|15||15||VONG KENG FAI||MAC||PORSCHE 997 GT3 CUP 3.8||2:36.234|
|16||68||JOHN SHEN||HKG||PORSCHE 997 GT3 CUP 3.8||2:34.589|
|17||86||FRANCIS HIDEAKI ONDA||JPN||AUDI R8 LMS||2:40.824|
|18||8||SIU YUK LUNG||HKG||PORSCHE 911 GT3 R||2:41.079|
|19||88||BILLY FUNG||HKG||FERRARI 458 CHALLENGE||2:40.770|
|20||63||RENGER VAN DER ZANDE||NLD||MERCEDES SLS AMG GT3||2:20.894|
|21||77||JACKY YEUNG||HKG||LAMBORGHINI LP520||2:53.248|
|22||3||KEITA SAWA||JPN||LAMBORGHINI LP560-4||2:22.078|
- City of Dreams Macau GT Cup – Qualify Maro Engel takes Pole Position (gridmotorsportblog.com)
- Mortara takes sixth Guia Circuit victory (vancouverdesi.com)
- Another victory for Mortara at Macau (joannademontecristo.wordpress.com)
- “Mr Macau” Mortara wins the Audi R8 LMS Cup – Macau Grand Prix in the wet (gridmotorsportblog.com)
- 2013 Macau Grand Prix Audi R8 LMS Cup – Qualifying (gridmotorsportblog.com)
- China’s F1 hopeful cuts teeth in Macau (edition.cnn.com)
- The Galaxy Double R Racing Team holds the Macau speed record of 182 mph (292 kmh) (stonefoster.wordpress.com)
- F3 racer Zheng cuts his teeth in Macau (wdsu.com)
- NEW SmartyCam HD in Lotus Elise Cup Racer @澳門格蘭披治大賽 Macau Grand Prix (gridmotorsportblog.com)
- American Le Mans Series Results (miamiherald.com)