With unstable Spring weather langering at the Zhuhai International Circuit, the drivers prepares for the Ford Formula Campus race in Shanghai International Circuit. The drivers were determined to get as much practice as they can, through rain and storm (… literally). At one time as the drivers get ready to head out for their practice session, a storm broke out and we switched to racing wets and still gained respectable lap times. This will be a great advantage for them as they are more adapted to the all weather conditions and have a better understanding of the tires, chassis and the limit of the formula car.
Ford Formula Campus Shanghai Challenge will be held on the 1st-2nd May 2013 with the Full F1 track layout at 5.45km. It is the largest motorsport facility in China, and was the first and so far only track in China to host a Formula 1 event. It has hosted six Formula 1 races, several of which have been memorable for the rain, and more often than not, some good racing.
With the concept of having a professional, competitive entry level racing, the FORD Formula Campus Championship was introduced to the Asian region. Started in 1997, it provided a modern and professional platform for aspiring young racers in Asia to challenge and test themselves. Focusing purely on developing the driver’s skill, all Campus cars were designed and built identically. Same parts, same engines, same wheels, giving no single driver a mechanical advantage with modifications. If you want to win, you do it based on your skills alone.
Formula Campus cars were upgraded with more advanced engineering, design and training technology. Body chassis’ were improved for aerodynamics and the MoTec Data Analysis system was introduced to allow trainers and the drivers themselves, to get a better understanding of training progression and driving skill. In cooperation with Changan Ford and their joint commitment with FRD to help promote motorsports in Asia, Ford engines and gearboxes were also installed into the cars for a remarked leap forward in performance and racing time.
More info: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ford Formula Campus Returns with Challenge Stage in Shanghai International Circuit (gridmotorsportblog.com)
- Ferrari aim to improve their qualifying pace in the first half of 2013 – Formula 1 news (blogs.bettor.com)
- Formula 1 Constructors’ Championship classifications (vancouverdesi.com)
- Ross Brawn insists Mercedes must improve W04’s reliability – Formula 1 news (blogs.bettor.com)
- Ferrari driver Felipe Massa aims for victory in 2013 Chinese GP – Formula 1 news (blogs.bettor.com)
- 2013 Chinese Grand Prix Preview (f1head.wordpress.com)
- Gallery: Fernando Alonso wins the Chinese F1 Grand Prix – 14 April 2013 (metro.co.uk)
- Circuit Profile – 2013: China, Shanghai International Circuit – Round 3 (thejudge13.com)
- Chinese Grand Prix 2013 Live Formula F1 Race video streaming online Watch & enjoy (nayon1f.wordpress.com)
- China Preview (seansf1blog.wordpress.com)