Getting the right footwork is essential to driving the car to the limit. Very often, the fine footwork are overlooked. We look at racing lines, steering inputs and speed, because these are the most common areas where we car review with ease. The nature of a car accelerating and braking are all done with the driver’s foot, and very often we hear brake harder and later for many drivers. Thing is is the footwork correct?
– Counter acts the braking force
– Unsettle the car during the braking
By adjusting the pivot point of the driver’s foot, he gained back 30% maximum braking, so he can brake later and shorter.
The video and analysis by Racelogic Video VBox.
- Improving Your Driving Skills – Becoming A Better Driver (motortrend.com)
- Safe Driving 101: Can You Pass the Test? (allstate.com)
- The Highway: The Brake Debate (time.com)
- Heavy rear brake wear on Seat Exeo (telegraph.co.uk)
- How to control the car after brakes failing – London, United Kingdom (travelpod.com)
- Wilwood’s Disc Brakes Introduces New Front and Rear Brake Kits for the 2002 Through Present Mini Cooper (virtual-strategy.com)
- How to Prevent and Combat Skidding in the Snow (academyfordadvantage.com)